$20 Shipping Fee
Tortilla Soup Fiesta
We package Grade A beans. After harvesting, our beans are graded, cleaned and polished!
How to Cook
Some handy cooking and storing tips:
- For best results when cooking your beans, we recommend: stovetop, oven, pressure cooker, bonfires, or barbeque side burner
- We don’t recommend using a crockpot or slow cooker, although some use this method
- Our beans are Grade A fresh, polished and cleaned. There is no need to soak our beans.
- Keep an eye on the water level during cooking to avoid scorching the beans. The longer you cook your beans the more flavour your beans will achieve
- Adding acids (like tomatoes and vinegar) too early in the cooking process prevents the beans from getting soft.
- You can store leftover cooked beans in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and you can freeze them as well. If you are storing beans in the refrigerator, keep them in their cooking liquid so they don’t dry out.
- If a recipe calls for drained beans, be sure to save the extra liquid. You can use it for many recipes, adding moisture to dishes, and making soups- nutritious and delicious!
How do you cook Staks with a slow cooker?
Reduce the liquid. It recommends 6 cups of water, so reduce it to 4-4.5 cups at high level. Finish with a slow natural release. This will offer a well-done pot of beans. I always like to see or hear from my customers their favorite recipes. Enjoy!