|Northern Classic Chili Package||1|
|Ground beef||2 lb|
|Spicy sausages||4, large|
|Tomato sauce||1 cup|
|Tomato paste||5.5 oz (155ml)|
Recipe Notes: The Instant Pot method was produced using an Instant Pot IPLUX60 V3. The chili produced using this method was similar in quality to the stove top and oven methods; however, the beans were more intact compared to the stove top method.
Instant Pot Chili: INSTRUCTIONS
- Combine 1 package of Northern Classic Chili Mix (321g) with 3 cups of water in the bowl of an instant pot or other electronic pressure cooker
- Seal pot and set timer for 60 minutes. 3. After cooking time, allow the pot to depressurize naturally. 4. Open the pot and stir beans for 15 -30 seconds.
- After removing the lid from the instant pot after depressurizing the chili is slightly watery with a layer of liquid above the beans. Stirring for 15-30 seconds after cooking is complete disperses the broken beans adding the richness that is observed in the stove top and oven methods.
- Add 2 pounds of uncooked ground beef to the bean mixture (raw).
- Add 4 spicy sausages thinly sliced to the bean mixture (raw).
- Add 1 cup of tomato sauce, a 5.5 oz tin tomato sauce, and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Stir and cook for another hour, and allow to stew.
- If your mixture is dry don’t hesitate to add a bit of water.
- Add some sour cream, cheese, and green onions on top and serve hot.