|Stak Co Yellow pea soup mix||1 package|
|chickpeas, cooked||1 cup|
|red pepper, diced||1/2|
|red chili flakes||1/4 tsp|
|lemon, zest of||1|
|garlic clove, chopped||1|
|cilantro, chopped||1/4 cup|
|flour, oat bran, chickpea flour||1/4 – 1/2 cup|
|vegetable oil, for frying|
- Combine 1 package of Pea Soup mix (360g) with 3 cups of water in the bowl of an instant pot or other electronic pressure cooker.
- Seal pot and set timer for 45 minutes.
- After cooking time, allow pot to depressurize naturally.
- Open pot and stir beans for 15 -30 seconds.
- Drain any excess water once peas are done cooking and are tender.
- Place into a food processor with all of the other ingredients except the flour and vegetable oil.
- Pulse to coarsely grind the mixture.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and chill in the fridge for at least 15-20 min.
- Taste and adjust the salt.
- If the mixture is too wet to form patties, add a bit of the flour at a time, mixing gently to combine.
- Form patties into balls and gently press flat. *optional: coat the patty in breadcrumbs for a crispier crust.
- Pan fry over medium-high heat with a bit of oil for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place into burger buns, add toppings as desired and serve.