|Large pot or dutch oven. For instant pot recipe, click here.|
|Loco Burrito Bean Mix||1 pkg|
|green pepper, finely chopped||1|
|avocado, peeled, stone removed, diced||1|
|green onions, finely chopped||6|
|garlic cloves, minced||2|
|cilantro, chopped||1/4 cup|
|limes, juice of||2|
- Combine one package of Loco Burrito Mix (333g) with 6 cups of water into a large pot or Dutch oven. I used a STAUB dutch oven for this recipe. Simmer covered for 2 ½ hours stirring occasionally. For instant pot recipe, click here.
- Once completed, drain the beans and set aside to cool.
- Put beans into a large mixing bowl and mash slightly with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Serve as a dip with your favourite corn chips or over greens as a salad.
- *Optional: for a smoother dip, pulse half the mixture in a food processor and then fold back into the remaining bean mix.