|northern classic chili package||1 pkg|
|ground beef||2 lb|
|spicy sausages||4 ea|
|tomato sauce||1 cup|
|tomato paste||1 pkg|
- Prepare the Northern Classic Chili.
- Oven Method:
- Combine 1 package of Northern Classic Chili Mix (321g) with 6 cups of water.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 2 ½ hours.
- PRK cooked the Northern Classic Chili mix using the oven directions listed on the packaging. Package contents were combined with water in a 12”x 10”x4” pan and covered with foil. The beans were placed into a preheated 350°F oven for two and a half hours. After 2 ½ hours cooking a large amount of water remained and the mixture was not as thick as a chili would be expected. The beans were put back in the oven uncovered for an additional 70 minutes. The additional time in the oven with the chili being uncovered allowed the excess water to evaporate. The chili had a nice bean to water ratio, was not too thick or too watery.
- Instant Pot Method:
- Combine 1 package of Northern Classic Chili Mix (321g) with 3 cups of water in the bowl of an instant pot or other electronic pressure cooker
- Seal pot and set timer for 60 minutes. 3. After cooking time, allow the pot to depressurize naturally. 4. Open the pot and stir beans for 15 -30 seconds.
- The Instant Pot method was produced using an Instant Pot IPLUX60 V3 using the above method. The chili produced using this method was similar in quality to the stove top and oven methods however the beans were more intact than the stove top method.
- After removing the lid from the instant pot after depressurizing the chili is slightly watery with a layer of liquid above the beans. Stirring for 15-30 seconds after cooking is complete disperses the broken beans adding the richness that is observed in the stove top and oven methods.
- Oven Method:
- Add 2 pounds of uncooked ground beef to the bean mixture (raw).
- Add 4 spicy sausages thinly sliced to the bean mixture (raw).
- Add 1 cup of tomato sauce, 1 tin tomato sauce and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Stir and cook for another hour, and allow to stew.
- If your mixture is dry don’t hesitate to add a bit of water.
We want to see our Stak Co recipes in action!
Upload a photo of your latest meal using The Stak Co products, and tag @thestakco on Instagram!