|northern classic chili package||1 pkg|
|ground beef||2 lb|
|spicy sausages||4 ea|
|tomato sauce||1 cup|
|tomato paste||1 pkg|
- Prepare the Northern Classic Chili package as directed on the back label instructions.
- Cook the beans and spices for an hour and a half on the stovetop.
- Add 2 pounds of uncooked ground beef to the bean mixture (raw).
- Add 4 spicy sausages thinly sliced to the bean mixture (raw).
- Add 1 cup of tomato sauce, 1 tin tomato sauce and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Stir and cook for another hour, and allow to stew.
- If your mixture is dry don’t hesitate to add a bit of water.
- Purchase a lean ground beef – any fat residue will come to the top. Use day-old bread to skim the top and soak up any fat.
- If you’re not one for spicy sausage, eliminate it from the recipe. It still offers a great bowl of chili!!
- This recipe is super easy to prepare. The next time you’re making a pot of spaghetti sauce, use the same method. Adding raw meat to your sauce adds a lot of body to the flavour.