|Large Pot or STAUB Dutch Oven. For instant pot recipe, click here.|
|Northern Classic Chili Package||1|
|butternut squash||3 lb|
|vegetable oil||1 tbsp|
|maple syrup||1 tbsp|
|corn, frozen, thawed (or fresh if avaliable)||1 cup|
|cilantro, chopped||1/2 cup|
|lime, juice of||1|
|monterey jack cheese (or cheddar), grated||3 1/2 cups|
|whole wheat tortillas||6|
Northern Chili Burrito: Instructions
- Combine 1 package of Northern Classic Chili Mix (321g) with 6 cups of water into a large pot or dutch oven. I used a STAUB dutch oven for this recipe but you can use any large pot that you have. Simmer for 2 hours covered. For instant pot recipe, click here.
- While the beans are simmering, preheat the oven to 375F and start preparing the butternut squash.
- Peel, seed, and dice the squash. Toss with oil, salt and maple syrup.
- Roast at 375F for about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the squash from the oven once completed, and set aside until the beans are completed.
- Once the beans are completed, drain them and set aside.
- Add the cubed squash, beans, corn, cilantro, Sriracha, and lime juice to a mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Place your tortilla on a plate and then add about 1/6 of your mixture. Top with shredded cheese, salsa, and any other ingredients you desire for your burrito.
- Roll your tortilla while tucking in the sides.
- Repeat for 5 other servings.
- OPTIONAL: Place seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet and top with salsa and remaining cheddar. Cover with foil and bake at 350F until heated through.
We want to see our Stak Co recipes in action!
Upload a photo of your latest meal using The Stak Co products, and tag @thestakco on Instagram!