|Tortilla Soup Fiesta||1 pkg|
|olive oil||1/4 cup|
|yellow onions, peeled, sliced||2 ea|
|garlic cloves, minced||6 ea|
|cumin, ground||2 tsp|
|fennel seeds, ground||2 tsp|
|dried ancho chilies, stemmed, seeded, chopped||6 ea|
|tinned, diced tomatoes||1 pkg|
|lime juice||as needed|
- Heat oil in a large soup pot. Cook onions 6-8 minutes until they are beginning to brown.
- Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cumin and fennel and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 6 cups of water or stock, the tortilla soup fiesta and the chili peppers.
- Cook covered approximately 2 hours or until the beans are tender.
- Add the tomatoes and cook an additional 20 minutes.
- Carefully ladle half of the bean mix into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour the puree back into the pot and mix.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until it’s the desired thickness.
- Season with salt and fresh lime juice.
- Toss with your favourite cooked pasta. Small pasta is preferred.
We want to see our Stak Co recipes in action!
Upload a photo of your latest meal using The Stak Co products, and tag @thestakco on Instagram!