|yellow pea soup mix, cooked||1 cup|
|chickpeas, cooked||1 cup|
|green onion||1 ea|
|red pepper, diced||1/2 ea|
|red chili flakes||1/4 tsp|
|lemon, zest of||1 ea|
|garlic clove, chopped||1 ea|
|cilantro, chopped||1/4 cup|
|flour, oat bran, chickpea flour||1/4 – 1/2 cup|
|vegetable oil, for frying|
- cook soup mix following the instructions on the packaging but only using 1/2 the water.
- drain any excess water once peas are done cooking and are tender.
- place into a food processor with all of the other ingredients except the flour and vegetable oil.
- pulse to coarsely grind the mixture.
- transfer to a mixing bowl and chill in the fridge for at least 15-20 min.
- taste and adjust the salt.
- if the mixture is too wet to form patties, add a bit of the flour at a time mixing gently to combine.
- form patties into balls and gently press flat. *optional: coat the patty in breadcrumbs for a crispier crust.
- pan fry over medium-high heat with a bit of oil for 3-4 minutes per side.
We want to see our Stak Co recipes in action!
Upload a photo of your latest meal using The Stak Co products, and tag @thestakco on Instagram!